BeInspired 200 Hour Registered Yoga Teacher Training
BeInspired Teacher Training begins in October! Teaching yoga is a wonderful way to deepen your own practice and to share your love of yoga with others. If you are a yoga student who has been practicing consistently for at least a year, who has a deep appreciation for yoga and who has an interest in learning more about how yoga works and why–this is your teacher training!
In this teacher training, you will learn the components that will help you to structure a safe, confident and creative class: sequencing, hands-on adjustments, anatomy and cueing. You will come away with an understanding of how the body works, how it moves and why. When you can sequence a yoga class for every body, you are not only a resourceful and effective teacher who can help students break through barriers in their practice but also a teacher who can help students work through muscle tightness and injuries.
In the BeInspired training we’ll cover the Yoga Sutras, the chakra system and the science behind why and how yoga works! Yoga has a profound impact on the mind, body and spirit. By interweaving these concepts we can better connect yoga’s ancient wisdom to our modern lives!
Buddha’s Brain – Rick Hanson
How Yoga Works – Roach & McNally
Anatomy of the Spirit – Carolyn Myss
Meditations from the Mat – Rolf Gates
Anatomy for Vinyasa Flow and Standing Poses – Ray Long
- Commitment to the entire program
- Commitment to personal yoga practice
- Attendance in regular weekly yoga classes
- Practice teaching outside scheduled weekends
- Assisting yoga classes outside scheduled weekends (15 assists required)
- Completion of all homework assignments and demonstration of teaching skills
- Lines of the Body/Alignment
- Sequencing (Vinyasa, Slow Flow and Deep Stretch)
- Modifications and props
- Various Techniques
- Use within personal practice and group classes
- Chakra System
- Yamas & Niyamas
- Sanskrit terminology, correct pronunciation and meaning
- Effective teaching techniques (demonstration and cueing)
- Observation of students to inform assists and postural cues
- Teaching (Sequencing, cues and assisting)
- Practice Assisting
Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teacher Training will be held on Friday evenings, 5:30p-9p, Saturdays 9-6:30, and Sundays 11:30-6:00 over the course of 9 weekends as follows: October 18-20, November 15-17, December 13-15, January 3-5, February 14-16, March 21-23, April 11-13, May 9-11, and June 20-22. One makeup weekend will be offered. Training sessions will be held at our Carmel studio at 7510 Pineville-Matthews Rd. Registration deadline is October 14th 2013.
Total Pricing for the program is $2,700. Includes books and unlimited yoga October 2013-June 2014. Application Deposit of $250 will be applied toward the total. Early Bird Discount: Save $200 if you pay in full by September 1st. Payment plans are available. A minimum of $900 is due by the day training starts, with the balance due in increments before the end of training.